Monday, April 19, 2010

Part 6: It's all coming together as planned...


(click on any of the images to enlarge)

The neck arrived (about bloody time). And it's a beauty. It was worth the wait. I can say that - because I didn't really have that much time to work on this anyway. So, no harm - no foul. Still, the next time I order a neck (if I ever do again) I'll build in a 6 week buffer.

So, what did I do as soon as the neck arrived? Did I go straight to work and start prepping the body to receive it? Of curse not. I got all my blocks out and layed them out to look at them of course...

What you are looking at is what I *hope* the finished product will look like. Nothing in these pictures is final. This is all pre-visualization. But you get the idea. The pickups will go about where they are. The knobs and switches - the same. What you can't see is the cocobolo binding that I have been playing with. There is a scrap of it on the table. The binding will go all the way around the top (hiding the seam where the top and the body meet).

The upside of pre-visualization is that it gets me excited about the project. So, the next day I went to work on it. Starting with that headstock...



No comments:

Post a Comment