Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Part 10: Bling, bling, bling...

I have consolidated this blog with another guitar blog.  To see the finished product go here.

I didn't think I was going to get back to this project until November - I have a few irons in the fire right now (acoustic and lapsteel) that are further along in the process - so I figured this one would be on the back burner for a bit.


Then I saw this...





















Well, actually what I saw was this. After that it was just a matter of deciding what to put on the neckplate (my family crest) and all of a sudden this project started to become more interesting.

Not long after I found the above website I found this website - which seemed to seal the deal for me. It looks like I'll be working on this project for a little bit.

I figure - since this is a semi-hollowbody it's gonna need a sound hole. I didn't want to go with f-holes so this (plus the family crest) seemed to form a picture for me. Now I just have to decide which one to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment